Saturday, 2 April 2016

Mixed Media Tag

Hey guys!!! Keeping in mind my aim to create more mixed media art, I'll be creating a mixed media tag today. I'll be entering this in the following challenges :



For this challenge I was required to use white elements on my project. I first used gesso all over the tag ( a literal interpretation of whitewash :) ) then I used white embossing powder and then white embellishments such as flower punch cut outs and pearl adhesives.


Materials Required 
  • Cardboard piece measuring 5 X 3 inches
  • Gesso, white embossing powder and versamark
  • A stamp. Any design would do. Some pattern paper to match your ink pad. A piece of vellum
  • Some ink pad. I used the fuchsia pink one from Craft Smart.
  • Washi tapes, adhesive pearls and a brad
  • A die-cut sentiment, some silver yarn and a piece of gauze
Method
  1. Apply a generous coat of gesso on your cardboard piece to make it white.
  2. Use the versamark and the stamp to create a background on the tag.
  3. Put white embossing powder and heat set it.
  4. Apply the ink with an ink blending tool.
  5. Cut the pattern paper to create a frame for the tag. Use foam tape to create some dimension in the tag.
  6. Stick with our embellishments on it anyway your please.







I think it would make a lovely tag for a loved one. Don't you think? Hope you liked this. See you soon :)

12 comments:

  1. Love seeing the step by step to creating your lovely tag . The embossing looks fabulous on the pink and I love the little flowers and pearls. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marina. Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. I really like that you did the mini-tutorial on the tag - nicely done with your step out photos! Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C : [ATG challenge]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ginny. I loved making it :)

      Delete
  3. Very sweet, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this.....all these details and a fab take on our theme. I especially love the embossed flowers; they are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stella. I loved creating this tag :D

      Delete
  6. Lovely tag - you have entered our challenge at Unstampabelles, a lovely circle card, but I cannot find the link to it on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan, I have rectified the error. Sorry about the mixup. The blog post should be visible now :)

      Delete