Hey guys!!! Today I'll be making a mixed media gift tag that could accompany a book for a friend.
I'll be entering in this in
1. All Sorts of Challenge #358 - http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.in/2016/04/week-358-purple-passion.html
I had to make a purple coloured project for this challenge
2. Love To Scrap #75 - http://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.in/2016/04/ltscb-75-big-bow-theory_4.html
For this project, i had to include a big bow in my creation.
3. Stamplorations Stencil Sunday #40 - http://stamplorations.blogspot.in/2016/04/stencil-sunday-april-3.html
I had to use a stencil in my project. I used an alphabet stencil.
Materials Required
- A piece of cardboard measuring 3 X5 inches. A piece of lilac glitter tissue
- Pearl lilac acrylic paint, Dusty Concord distress ink and gesso
- Alphabet stencil and also stickers
- Two shades of purple washi tapes and silver ribbon
- A brad and some flower punch cut-outs in different sizes
- Adhesive pearls and rhinestones
Method
1. Apply two coats of the gesso on the cardboard. Let it dry and stick the alphabet stickers in a random manner.
2. Apply two coats of pearl lilac paint with a sponge. After the paint is dry remove the alphabet stickers.
3. Stick the tissue vertically. Then add the washi tapes and a string of adhesive pearls at the bottom on the tag.
4. Use a black gel pen and the stencil to draw out the alphabets.
5. Stick the book cut-out and the other embellishments.
6. Take a small piece of cardstock and add some Dusty Concord distress ink. Spray some water on it to age it a little. Write your sentiment on it. I wrote a quote.
6. Make a bow out of sliver ribbon and stick it at the top of the cardboard.
I hope you liked this. Have a sunny day :)











Lovely tag, great details.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Purple Passion' challenge and good luck x Susan x
Thank you so much, Susan :)
DeleteThank you so much for entering our purple challenge at Allsorts this week!
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely theme. Thank you :)
DeleteSo fun and love the happy color! Really interesting layers and great touch of sparkle. The alpha stencil is awesome, well done! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!~kim
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Kim :)
DeleteLovely tag! Thanks for joinng us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog - Julie DT Member
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Julie :)
Delete