Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Mixed media gift box

Helloo my crafty friends, today I'll be creating a mixed media project for Creative Moments Challenge #92 http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.in/2016/04/challenge-92.html 

Please visit the website and take a look at the design team's awesome creations. It would be lovely if you take part in the challenge. :D


 I have used a chocolate box to make a gift box. This would be perfect to give a friend/ family some homemade sweet treats :)

I'll be entering this in the following challenges :


2. Rhedd's Creative Spirit April Challenge  - http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.in/2016/04/april-challenge.html
Materials Required 
  • A digital image. I used Pinni Cookie Crumbler by Lacy Sunshine
  • Pencil colours, sketch pens and scrap pattern paper
  • Distress inks and pearl paints
  • An old cardboard box. A chocolate/ biscuit box would be preferable.
  • A piece of cardboard big enough to cover the lid of the box.
  • Mod Podge and glue 
  • Some pattern paper to make the background
  • Double-sided tape and gold/silver glitter
  • Some lace or decorative trimming to make the border of the box

Method
1. Cover the cardboard piece with some pattern paper. I used a galaxy scene from an old children's book.
2. Apply a coat of mod Podge. Then add some distress inks. I used peacock feathers and an orange dye ink from Itsy Bitsy. Apply some red acrylic and silver pearl paint on the sides. Spray some water on it to blend.
3. Colour the image with colour pencils. I added some cotton on the chef hat of the fairy.
4. Add some scraps of pattern paper on the apron part of the image.
5. Put some double-sided tape on the wings and added some glitter on it to give it some sparkle.
6. Stick this image on the main cardboard. Now add the lace around the box.
7. Add any other embellishments you like.













I hope you liked this tutorial. Have a Sunny day :D

4 comments:

  1. What a super box...a great recycled project and so sweet...
    Thank you so much for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely way to recycle a box, thank you for the tutorial and for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete