Monday, 25 April 2016

Mother's Day Cards

Mother's Day is just around the corner. So I thought I would make Mother's Day cards for my mom and my mother-in-law in advance. I will be making more for my grand ma-in-law, as well.



I will be entering this in the following challenges
For this challenge, i had to make a Mother's Day Card

 2. Just Add Ink Challenge #308 - http://just-add-ink.blogspot.in/2016/04/just-add-ink-308just-add-m.html
For this challenge, i had to add 'M' to my project. Either the letter itself or any technique that starts with M.
Materials Required (for one card)
  • A white piece of cardstock measuring 3 1/4 X 5 1/2 inches when folded as a top folding card
  • One blank business card
  • Distress inks. I used four for each card. 
  • Round ink blending tools from Ranger. I used two.
  • A black pen with a thick nib
  • Some black yarn for embellishment
  • Some glue or double-sided tape

Method
1. Take the business card and apply the distress inks. Make sure to blend each colour. 
2. Cut this into three pieces measuring 2 1/4 X 1 1/8 inches.
3. Write out the words mummy, mom and ma using your black pen. You can write any sentiment here instead of these.
3. Attach these to the main cardstock using glue or double-sided tape.
4. Add a piece of black yarn at the top.







I hope you liked this. See you soon. Have a sunny day :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, your blending is fantastic and love the colours you mixed together too. Fabulous CAS design too and love how you have the different 'mother' names on there too. So glad you shared this with us at Just Add Ink this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely comment. Thank you, Shona :D

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful blend of colours - each third is completely unique and your 3 names for mother only add to their specialness. So lovely - thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan for such a nice a comment :)

      Delete
  3. Hey SP!! I love your ink blending pieces. I also love the different ways to say mom. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this multi coloured look you've created! I bet they will be treasured cards :)

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep that's all my names as well... such a privilege!
    You did a great job with the beautiful blending of bold colors!
    Gorgeous...Thanks for joining us at CASology !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannelie. I hope my mom and ma-in-law like it just as much :)

      Delete
  6. Fabulous blending, so smooth and a lovely way to celebrate Mothers day. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nikki for such a kind comment :)

      Delete