Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Glitter Card

Hey guys!!! I am loving my CAS card making goal this month. Today, I'll be making a glitter card with a simple sentiment. Let me warn you, this is quite a messy process. But then, that's the best part ;)


I'll be entering this in the Less Is More Challenge #271 - http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.in/2016/04/week-271-one-layer-card.html

For this challenge I had to include a geometric shape while making a single layer card. I chose stripes.

Materials Required 
  • A white card stock measuring 5 X 8 inches. Folded in half to make a top folding card measuring 5 X 4 inches.
  • Double sided tapes of different widths
  • Different colours of loose glitter. You could also use glitter washi tape. 
  • A sentiment stamp. I used 'love' sentiment
  • An ink pad

Method
1. Fold your card stock to create atop folding card.
2. Stick your double sided tape. Remove the protective backing and pour the first colour of glitter. (Don't forget to spread a sheet of newspaper and also keep some scrap paper handy to collect the excess glitter and pour it back into its container. This is so that the glitter doesn't go everywhere)
3. Shake of the excess. Stick the second strip of double sided tape.
4. Pour the second colour and shake of the excess. And so on.
5. Continue this until you are happy with your design.
Stamp the sentiment on the white space left.






Surprise. I used a single-sided pattern paper as my card stock, so that the inside is totally unexpected. :)


QUICK TIP - If you are short on time or just don't want the mess, you could recreate the same with glitter washi tape. :D

Hope you liked this card as much as I enjoyed making it. Have a Sunny day :)

14 comments:

  1. Wow!! So colourful and sparkly - this is fab! Love the surprise inside too, such a fab finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Esther. Such a lovely comment :)

      Delete
  2. Gotta love the sparkle! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, blingy too !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and striking design with a lovely touch of sparkle. I for one can't resist. Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well twinkle, twinkle! This is such fun!... I would have loved to have seen the carpet after this little session!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....I was very careful but the glitter still went everywhere. Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  6. Oh super blingtastic! Lots of lovely white space too. Hmm, perhaps I could use this idea to use up my stupidly large collection of unused patterned paper!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita for such a lovely comment. I am glad you liked it :)

      Delete