Saturday, 16 April 2016

Easy splatter card

I was cleaning up my craft cupboard and realized that I have lot of scrap paper left over from previous projects. So today I'll be using some white scrap cardstock to make a slim card. This is an under 5 minute card (excluding drying time). This could make a nice 'get well soon' card.



I'll be entering this in the CASology Challenge #193 - http://casology.blogspot.in/2016/04/week-193-pink.html


For this challenge I had to use the colour pink in my project

Materials Required 
  • A piece of scrap white cardstock. It should be long enough that you can fold it in half to make a top folding card. Mine was 3 1/2 X 6 inches after folding.
  • Pink and silver pearl acrylic paint
  • A paint brush and pencil to make the splatter
  • A small piece of white card stock
  • A small piece of vellum
  • Black and pink pens

Method
1. Fold the white cardstock in half to make a top-folding card. It could be any size. 
2. Take the pink and silver pearl paint create a splatter pattern across the front side of the cardstock.
3. Write you sentiment on a piece of vellum while the paint dries.
4. Stick a part of vellum on a small piece of white card stock so that half of the vellum hangs out.
5. After the paint dries, stick the sentiment piece on the card.
6. Add a small strip of pink skinny washi tape.
7. Tie some white yarn at the top of the card.








Hope you liked this super easy card. Isn't it pretty :D

6 comments:

  1. I need you to give me a splatter lesson... or 2!
    Gorgeous pink!
    Thanks for joining us at Casology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...splatter is such a fun technique and so organic. Thank you for such a lovely comment :)

      Delete
  2. Hey!!! I love your ink splatter. Super cute. I love the elongate cut of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun card, the BG looks super

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Manuela :)

    ReplyDelete