Let me start by saying that I am a beginner in travel journaling. But I love the idea of documenting my travels. Because it forces you to look at the mundane differently. It makes you want to find something special in what seems ordinary. It is a contemporary take on the photo albums that my parents would make when I was a kid.
So today, I'll be sharing my limited knowledge about travelling journal essentials, in case you are wondering, how to elaborately decorate your journal while travelling. The following are the things you could carry in your journal pocket for decoration.
1. Washi tapes - I know, I know. You can only carry a couple of them because more than that would make the journal too bulky, or you would have to carry a separate pouch for it. Well there is a simple solution to it. You don't need to carry entire rolls of washi tapes. You could wind a few strips of the tape around a piece of hard plastic (like an old Starbucks/gift card). I used two sheets of acetate and attached a card stock in the middle with some double sided tape. Then wound my washi tapes around it.
2. Use the dashboard - Add a dashboard to your journal, if it doesn't have one. Just attach some laminated pattern paper to your journal. This can easily hold your fancy sticky notes. These themselves are quiet enough for decorating journal pages. The dashboard can also hold some quilling strips with a help of a strip of washi tape. I have used quilling strips instead of washi tapes many times.
3. Pens - Pretty obvious right? But here I want to emphasise on carrying the pens in a small pencil case. Especially if you have an expensive pen. My beautiful Sheaffer pen has scratches all over it because I would just dump it in my bag or put in the elastic of my diary. Well, not anymore.
4. Rhinestones, buttons and wooden pegs. - Now these are additional items of decoration. They add some texture to the layout without adding too much bulk. Just keep a stick of glue handy.
5. Mini stamp and stamp pad - This is absolutely optional. You can skip this entirely from your journal page or add the stamping after you get back home. But I don't mind carrying a small pouch with a small stamp and a stamp pad.
Hope you liked this post. Have a happy day. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment