Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Shadow box/ Tea Light Gift Box

Hey guys!!! Today I'll be making a shadow box using an old iPhone box. I'll be using the finished shadow box to gift tea light candles to a friend. 


I will be entering this in 
I have used the following recipe for this challenge
2 pattern papers
0 Die-cuts
1 Washi tape
6 stamps

2. Rhedd's Creative Spirit January 2016 Challenge - http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/january-2016-challenge.html


Materials Required
  • An old phone box. Actually any box would work here.
  • Two pattern papers
  • 1 Washi tape. 6 stamps. 
  • I used the little stamps from Avery Elle's Simply Tags : Everyday and Hero Arts
  • Distress ink or any ink pad. I used Mowed Lawn by Ranger. Some quilling strips.
  • A a piece of acetate, pearl stickers and some cardboard
  • Glue, glitter balls and  Pom Poms 
  • Two tea light candles and a match box



Method

1. Stamps 5 of the small stamps on the pattern paper with some Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.
2. Cover the box bottom with the pattern paper as shown. Cut a piece of cardboard and make a division in the box (see pics). Cover the edges of the box and cardboard with Washi tape.
3. Make a frame using some cardboard. Stick a piece of acetate on the inside to make a window. Now attach some pattern paper to this box to make a lid. Use quilling strips to cover any jagged edges.
4. Stick some glitter balls inside the box and add the matchbox. Cover the matchbox with pattern paper. 
5. Put a couple of tea lights in the upper part of the box and put some Pom Poms in the remaining area so that the candles don't move. 
6. Stamp a sentiment on a piece of white card stock and attach to the lid. I used a gift for you tag as the sixth stamp as per the challenge on Lulupu Craft Lounge challenge.










Hope you liked this. See you soon :)

12 comments:

  1. Excellent idea for phone packaging...love how you have decorated it and made it in to a special gift...
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I love how you have re-purposed this iPhone box! The paper is beautiful and this make a fabulous gift! Very nicely crafted!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chana. Your project was beautiful. It inspired me to upscale some of the glass bottles I have :).

      Delete
  3. Fabulous transformation and so very special - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Elaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this lovely project with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant upcycling idea. You have shown the steps very well. Thanks for playing along with Lulupu. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever alteration of the box! And very detailed explanation of this gorgeous shadow box! Thank u so much for joining us at Lulupu, hope to see you again! :)
    Suchi - Lulupu DTxx

    ReplyDelete