Hey guys!!! Today I'll be refurbishing an old spray bottle that I found while cleaning out my craft cupboard. Having crafty stuff around makes me want to do more craft work. This is one of the main reasons that I do upscale projects. Plus, you recycle and reuse things. I will be using this bottle as a spray bottle only.
I am entering this in Challenge # 157 - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Create A CAS Card/Project
http://avenue613.blogspot.in/2016/01/challenge-157-anything-goes-woptional.html
I am entering this in Challenge # 157 - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Create A CAS Card/Project
http://avenue613.blogspot.in/2016/01/challenge-157-anything-goes-woptional.html
Materials Required
- An old spray bottle
- Some paper. I used a page from an old comic book.
- Fevicol
- Satin Mod Podge
- Brown paint, coir and a cardboard piece.
BEFORE
Method
1. Cover the spray bottle with some pretty paper and Fevicol. I used a page from an old comic book. Apply two coats of Mod Podge. Let each coat dry before you move on to the next one.
2. Paint the upper part of bottle in a coordinating colour. I used brown acrylic paint.
3. Take a piece of coir and wind it around the top portion of the bottle. Stick it in lace using Mod Podge. Apply two coats here too.
4. Do the same for the bottom part of the bottle.
5. Add any embellishments you want. I just added a tag with a sentiment keeping with the rules of 613 Avenue Create's optional twist of clean and simple project. Add another coat of Mod Podge. This is to make sure that the bottle remains waterproof.
6. The spray part of bottle was gold in colour and matched my project perfectly, so I didn't make any changes to it.
Hope you liked this tutorial. :)









I love the paper you chose for your bottle!..a very eclectic choice! I j just finised up-cycling a bottle, but since it was for manufacturer, I can't post it until the 16th. I love doing bottles and have a really cool technique for creating embossed labels and applying them to glass bottles. Stop by my blog on the 16th, if you remember. In the meantime, thanks so much for sharing this fun project and tutorial with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Thank you so much, Chana for the kind and encouraging words. I love the idea of embossed labels for glass bottles.
DeleteCan't wait to see your project on the 16th. :D
Great transformation and recycling love the dogs expression on the paper you chose ----Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
ReplyDeleteCarol DT x
Thank you so much, Carol. I really enjoyed working on this project. :)
Delete