Friday, 1 January 2016

Here's To a Happy 2016


2016 will be the year when I complete 30 years of age. For a lot of people it's a milestone, for some it's scary while for some, it's just a number. I find myself in a position quite different. I have spent the last few years in discontent. Not because I am getting older, but because my 17 year old self had a lot of plans for the 30 year old me. None of which have seen fruition. As of now, I am still figuring out what is it that I want out of life. I am in the right direction, mind you, but everything is still a little hazy. 

So, when will it end? The feeling of dissatisfaction. That awesome job you are waiting on, the dream trip that is still to be experienced, the designer wardrobe pieces that you eye everyday. Where is that fabulous future that your 17 year old self saw.

Or is that i am already living the miracle, but i just don't see it in the material haze. A wonderful family, a cosy home, nutritious food, good health and clothes to wear? Isn't that a fabulous present. Maybe this is my happy ending. And quiet a good one too.
 
So when I look past my material wants, I suddenly see, that I am already where I should be. Where I wanted to be. So, instead of wanting, what if I start living everyday to the fullest. What if I choose to be happy with what I achieve everyday. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

So, my only resolution for 2016 is to try to be happy everyday. Laugh, appreciate my family, the home that I have, the nature that I am surrounded with, harness the creative streak that God blessed me with. And maybe, all that positivity will silence that discontent voice altogether. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment