Monday, 11 January 2016

Mixed Media Art - Happiness

Hey guys!!! Today I'll be making a simple mixed media canvas art. 

I will be entering this in :-
1. Peek-a-boo Designs Challenge # 2 - http://peek-a-boodesigns.blogspot.in/2016/01/challenge-2-any-thing-goes.html
for the this challenge, I used three out of the four given colouring : blue, green and saffron.

Materials Required
  • One 8X10 canvas
  • Tag shaped stamps. I used ones from Avery Elle : Simply Tags 
  • Distress inks - I used Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn.
  • Cardboard pieces cut in the shape of tags.
  • One scrap white paper to cover the canvas.
  • Alphabet stickers, black acrylic paint and rhinestones.
  • Brads, buttons and Washi tapes.

Method 
1. Cover the canvas with the scrap white paper. Apply the distress inks and blend with an ink blending tool. I also used a saffron pigment ink from Itsy Bitsy for this project.
2. Spray some water on it and let it dry. Use the tag shaped stamps and some black ink and stamp all over the canvas randomly. 
3. Cut out a tag shaped card board piece. Paint it blank and add strips of Washi tape.
4. Punch a hole in the tag and add some yarn. Stick it to the canvas at an angle. Now cut out some smaller tags and stick inside some of the stamp shapes. Add some silver brads before sticking the tags. 
5. Now add the quote you want to add using the alphabet stickers. I added 'Happiness said Tag you are it' to the canvas. 
6. Add some Washi tapes in the corners and some rhinestones to embellish. Paint the sides of the canvas with black paint. Lastly, add a cloth button to the large tag. 










I hope you liked this tutorial. Please comment. :)

10 comments:

  1. Lovely project...Love the teeny tine stamped Tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Piyanki. Glad you liked it. :D

      Delete
  2. Nice project :) Love the hand made elements ..
    Thanks for joining along.

    -Peek-a-boo Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning Creation!!
    Thanks for joining us at the challenge
    Sharada Dilip
    DT PEEK-A-BOO DESIGNS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Canvas !! Liked the colors !!
    Thanks for joining us at the challenge !!
    Vijaylaxmi (Shalu)
    DT PEEK-A-BOO DESIGNS

    ReplyDelete