Hey guys!!! It's good to be back after a short break. So, today I'll be making a simple shaker card.
This was a photo inspiration challenge and I was inspired by the polka dotted mug, the floral pattern on the tea pot ( I have used a similar paper as the card base and the idea of tea itself (I tea stained a copier paper and used it in the card.
I'll be entering this in City Crafter Challenge #295 . http://citycrafter.blogspot.in/2016/01/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-295.html
This was a photo inspiration challenge and I was inspired by the polka dotted mug, the floral pattern on the tea pot ( I have used a similar paper as the card base and the idea of tea itself (I tea stained a copier paper and used it in the card.
Materials Required
- A card stock measuring 8 X 5 1/2 inches. Folded in half to make a top folding card.
- A 3 X 4 piece of pattern paper cut in the shape of a Polaroid photo. I used a polka dotted one.
- A piece of acetate measuring 3 X 4 inches.
- A piece of tea stained copier paper measuring 3 X 4 inches.
- A sentiment stamp of a sentiment die-cut.
- Some loose sequins for the shaker element in the card. A Smiley sticker, some yarn and a wooden peg.
Method
1. Cut the polka dotted pattern paper into the shape of a Polaroid. Attach a piece of acetate to it using glue.
2. Once dry, add some foam tape on the edges and fill with the sequins. Stick a smiley sticker and some stars to the tea stained paper.
3. Attach this tea-stained piece of paper to the pattern paper to complete the shaker element.
4. Attach the shaker part to the card base at an angle. I used a white card stock with floral pattern to match the photo inspiration at the City Crafter Challenge.
5. Add a sentiment at the bottom of the Polaroid. I used a die-cut sentiment.
6. Tie some silver and green yarn at the top of the card and a wooden peg to complete the look.
I hope you liked this :). See you soon.









Fun card...
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Sindhu :)
DeleteGreat take on our theme and I love your use of polka dots. The shaker design is fun! Thanks so much for being with us this week at CCCB!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Stella. It was a fun theme to work on :)
Delete