Friday, 8 January 2016

Travel Journal - First Layout

Helloo!!! So, i completed the first page of my travel journal and I would love to share it with you. Journaling is such a personal, organic and instinctive process that a tutorial on it doesn't really make sense. But I will definitely show you my process for some inspiration. I will be entering this in :
1.City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 293 ~ Say Hello, Wave Goodbye http://citycrafter.blogspot.in/2016/01/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-293.html



Materials Required
The world is your oyster when it come to decorating your travel journal. You can use anything under the sun. I mean it. Movie tickets, boarding passes, buttons, visiting cards, buttons, wood chips, shells, metal frames. The list is endless. But a few things that do bring all these into one cohesive page are washi tapes, pattern papers, stickers and stamps. Invest in a few of these are you are sorted. If you have access to distress inks, glossy accents and other things, then that's icing on the cake.

Method
Do what your gut tells you. I usually start with a washi tape and some stamp. Then I try to place any cards that I want to attach. Decide the placement of all the things you want to add before you stick anything. Lastly, embellish. I use pearl stickers and rhinestones mostly. And also some random stickers. Whatever I have at hand. In this particular layout, I even added some bells because I liked the look of it. 









I hope you liked this and I hope it inspired you to journal more in 2016. Have a sunny day. :D

8 comments:

  1. I love your creative and personal take on our theme. This journaling page is fun to see and filled with beautiful details! Thank you joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stella. I am glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. What a great project - full of interest and colour! Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marina. I thoroughly enjoyed working on it. :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful Journal! Perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Ros. It was a great theme to work on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun collage! I need to do some scrapping! Thanks for playing with us at LTSCB!

    ReplyDelete