Monday, 12 October 2015

Unusual Gift Wrapping Ideas - Drawing Paper

With Dusshera, Diwali, Christmas and New Year coming up (wait, it's Dusshera already?) i am going to be surrounded by a gift-giving and wrapping frenzy. Which I totally enjoy :D. What i detest are those silver foil type wrapping paper that we have at the local stores. So, it's time for some super easy DIY wrapping paper (Surprise, surprise) ;)

Materials Required
  • Drawing paper or water colour paper.
  •  Some kind of stamp. I used a wooden stamp. 
  • Pearl paints or ink pads.


Method
  1. Take some watercolour paper or drawing paper. 
  2. Using a wooden stamp and some pearl paints make a pattern on the paper. Pearl paints give the paper a little sheen which is very pretty in person. 
  3. The other alternative is to use some ink pads. I usually use distress inks but in case you don't want to invest in them then you can use Faber Castell ink pads. 
  4. The beauty of these wooden stamps is that they don't stamp perfectly on paper. I love the incomplete print effect. 





And you are done. It cannot get more simple this people :). This paper is big enough to cover an XBox game, a CD, a book, etc.



Add some Pompoms for embellishment. :) Hope you liked this. Until next time. Byeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment