Friday, 9 October 2015

Ring Holder DIY

Hello people! It's time for another Upcycle/Recycle DIY. Recently, I cleaned out our storage area under the bed and found a couple of old phone boxes. Really good quality boxes that I didn't feel like throwing away. I had seen these innovative ring holder boxes on YouTube and had wanted to try them for as long as I can remember. And what do you know, one of the phone boxes was perfect for this. :D

Materials required
  • An old phone box
  • Some decorative paper. I used thick gold card stock
  • Washi tape. I used two.
  • Some mini Pompoms. I made these but you can find then in most stationery shops.
  • Some cloth that is 2-3 inches longer than your box and a sponge

Method
  1. Cover the lid with some decorative paper. Embellish with some washi tape.
  2.  Cut the sponge into two centimetre wide pieces. See pictures.
  3. Cover the sponge pieces with the cloth as shown. 
  4. Cover the sides with some Pompoms for some added embellishment. 
  5. Add a bow to the lid if you please :). I made the bow out of some scrap fabric. 










The box is ready to place your rings into. Please check out my other Upcycle/Recycle posts. Thank you for stopping by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment