Hello my crafty friends!! Today I'll be making a gift bag for my 6 month old nephew. I'll be filling it with baby towels. You can change the colours up and gift it to a baby girl too :)
I'll be entering this in the following challenges :
1. City Crafter Challenge #311 - http://citycrafter.blogspot.in/2016/05/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-311.html
For this challenge, I had to use some fairy tale element in my project. I included stars and a crown in my gift bag.
2. Color Throwdown Challenge #392 - http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.in/2016/05/color-throwdown-392.html
For this challenge, I had to use four colours in my project :- cobalt blue, craft, gray and white.
Materials Required
- One sheet of white paper measuring 10 1/2 X 14 1/2 inches. I used a sheet from a jumbo 4A size drawing book.
- A scoring board
- Scissors and glue
- A piece of pattern paper measuring 3 3/4 X 5 7/8 inches
- Some adhesive stars and a crown embellishment
- A small craft paper tag. I used a price tag that came with a Khadi Kurta.
- A piece of coir string and a punch
Method
1. Score the sheet of paper on the short side (10 1/2 inches) at 3 and 9 inches.
2. Score the sheet of paper on the long side (14 1/2 inches) at 3, 7, 10 and 14 inches.
3. Cut the score lines as shown (see pic).
4. Fold the score lines. Stick the top flaps inwards.
5. Add glue on the skinny flap and stick it to the other side. (See pic)
6. Apply glue on the pattern paper and stick it on one side of the bag.
7. Apply glue on the bottom flaps and bring the bag together.
8. Punch holes at the top of the bag and weave a silver ribbon through it.
9. Add any embellishments you want.
I hope you liked this. See you soon :)












Such a brilliant and sweet creation!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Kirsty :)
DeleteThis is so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Ros :)
DeleteWhat a fun bag, and I love the washi!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Amy :)
DeleteYour gift bag is a gift of its own; wow! And spot on our theme! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Stella:)
DeleteWhat a sweet gift package! Love the animal print washi tape accents. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Lori :)
Delete