Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Christmas Gift Box Upscale - Tape Rolls

Hey guys!! The month of December is going to be full of Christmas/New Years themed DIYs. So let's start with gift boxes. I made this one using old tape rolls. I am entering this in the Challenge #52 of the Creative Craft Cottage. http://creativecraftcottage.blogspot.in/2015/11/challenge-52-christmas.html


Materials Required
  • Two used tape rolls, one slightly bigger than the other.
  • Card papers. I used red
  • Cardboard circle and a strip of thick card stock
  • A piece of circular acetate to cover the smaller tape roll to make a lid.
  • Quilling strips. I used red and black. Yarn. I used black and green
  • Some vellum to stamp the sentiment on
  • A silver ribbon, some brads to keep the ribbons in place.
  • White embossing powder and versamark.

Method
  1. Take a strip of red card stock. Broad enough to cover your larger tape roll. Stamp and emboss the sentiment on it using white embossing powders. I used the sentiment 'Merry Christmas'.
  2. Cover the larger tape roll with this red card stock. Cut a circle out of some cardboard. This should be large enough to be the base of the tape roll. Cover this with red card stock and glue it to the tape roll. 
  3. Now take the smaller tape roll and cover it with two quilling strips. I used black and red. Cut a circle out of an acetate sheet and cover the top of the roll. Glue some yarn on it to cover the glue stains. 
  4. Now take a thick card stock and cut a piece of it so that it will be slightly higher than the base tape roll when wrapped around the inside. Take another red card stock and glue it to the inside of the thick card stock. 
  5. Put on the lid and embellish as you please. Ain't it fun ? :D




6 comments:

  1. wow nice project!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fabulous gift box, such clever idea, great tutorial and thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you join us again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Jennifer. This is very encouraging :D

      Delete
  3. Beautiful :) Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete