Friday, 18 December 2015

Large Gift Tag


Hey guys! Today I'll be making a large tag for big gifts. The base of the tag is a waste cardboard that you get in courier packaging, the one made out of corrugated paper. I will be entering this in :-


1.All Sorts of Challenge Week #31 - Golden days http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.in/2015/12/week-341-golden-days.html

2.613 Avenue Create Challenge #154 - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist Create Your Own Challenge Chart  http://avenue613.blogspot.in/2015/12/challenge-154-anything-goes-woptional.html

613 Avenue Create had a optional challenge for which I have used the following things
Column 1 - pattern paper, sentiment and vellum; Column 2 - paper punch and embossing; Column 3 - DIY glimmer mist; Column 4 - pearls, buttons and flowers; Column 5 - ribbon, faux stitching and twine/fibers.

Materials Required
  • A rectangular cardboard piece, a piece of white card stock and Washi tape.
  • Pattern papers, paper punch and twine.
  • Gold embossing powder and Versamark. 
  • Gauze piece, glimmer mist and a golden paint pen.
  • Pearls (I used red), rhinestones, a button, golden ribbon vellum and card paper.



Method
1. Cover your cardboard piece with pattern paper. I used off-white with gold stripes. Use Washi tape to cover the sides. 
2. Take another pattern paper and emboss your sentiment on it with gold embossing powder and Versamark. Stick it to the cardboard piece. Do some faux stitching using a gold paint pen from Uniball. 
3. Now add a golden ribbon on top. Make a hole through the gold ribbon and tie a piece of twine to it. Cover the knot with a flower embellishment. I found mine on a chocolate wrapper. 
4. Spray the piece of gauze with glimmer mist. I made mine using pearl paints, mod Podge and warm water. After its dry, attach the gauze to the bottom of the cardboard piece. Wrap a twine around it and tie a knot. Cover the knot with a big button. 
5. Punch some leaves from a sheet of vellum and red card stock. Stick them as shown . Add a pearl or rhinestone to each leaf. 
6. Take a white card stock and add faux stitching to it using some red Uniball signo red pen. Attach it to the back of the card board as shown. Add some leaf punch embellishment to the white card stock it. This is for any message that you want to add.






I hope you liked this tutorial. :D

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely crafted! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Chana :D

    ReplyDelete