Hiiii guys!!!!! Today I'll be making a vintage looking Christmas card.
I'll be entering this in the following challenges :
- Less is More Challenge #303- http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.in/2016/11/challenge-303-theme.html . For this challenge I had to make something vintage looking.
- AAA Challenge #78 -http://aaacards.blogspot.in/2016/11/cas-game-78-circles.html . For this challenge I had to use circles in my project.
- Lulupu Challenge #67 -http://lulupu.blogspot.in/2016/11/challenge-67-geometric.html . For this challenge I had to use something geometric in my project.
Materials Required
A white cardstock measuring 4 x 5.5 inches.
Some tea to stain the card and make it look vintage.
Some burlap. I used some polka dotted burlap from the burlap stack by DCWV.
Fabric glue
A small piece of vellum
Gold embossing powder and some Versamark.
A merry Christmas sentiment. I used one from Hero Arts - Happy Merry Messages by Lia
Some coir to tie a knot and embellish the card
Method
- Stain the white cardstock using the tea.
- Cut the burlap to size and stick it on the cardstock using some fabric glue.
- Take the vellum and stamp the sentiment with some Versamark.
- Pour some gold embossing powder and heat set it.
- Attach a brad to it and stick the piece of vellum using hot glue gun.
- Tie a coir at the top of the card.
I hope you liked this. See you soon. Have a sunny day. :)







Such a great vintage look and love the dotty burlap. Thanks for joining AAA
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Sandie :)
DeleteBeautiful card and the tea staining technique looks so cool :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Lulupu.!
Thank you so much, Riswana :)
DeleteA fabulous take on a vintage design and love your technique with the burlap panel. Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards and Less is More this week. Sarah
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Sarah :)
DeleteWhat a creative technique, and it's such an authentic vintage look - I love it! The burlap adds a fabulous texture, and the vellum layered sentiment in gold is a wonderfully elegant touch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Esther :)
DeleteLove the texture on your card and the vintage style. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Coralynn :)
DeleteThe burlap looks fab and I love that you tea stained your card, a wonderful idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More
Thank you so much, Anita :)
Delete