Friday, 18 November 2016

Big Magic Card

Helllo my crafty friends. Today I'll be making a very simple CAS card inspired by one of my favorite books - Big Magic. 


I'll be entering this in the following challenges :

  1. Less is More Challenge #302 - http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.in/2016/11/challenge-302-one-layer.html

For this challenge I had to make a card related to books in some way.


2. All Sorts of Challenge #389 - http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.in/2016/11/week-389-feature-creature.html

For this challenge I had to include a creature in my card. I chose a dragonfly. 


Materials Required 

A white cardstock measuring 4 x 5.5 inches.

A bunch of distress inks. I used mustard seed, peacock feathers, dusty concord and a pink dye ink by craft smart.

Circle blending tools

A spray bottle of water

Adhesive dragonfly embellishment

Silver and black pen


Method

  1. Apply ink on the white card stock using the blending tools. Make circular patterns.
  2. Spray water on it to blend the colours.
  3. Once dry apply another coat of the distress inks.
  4. Add your sentiment with the silver and black pen. 
  5. Embellish with the adhesive dragonfly.


I hope you liked this. See you soon. Have a sunny day. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love this super colourful card, and great inspiration too. We do prefer to see some uninterrupted white space on our entries but that being said, this is such a happy card...it even protrays your blog header! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you o much, Anita. I'll keep this in mind next time. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun and funky BG, perfectly inspired by your book. We do like to see an area of 'white' space on our CAS entries at Less is More without pattern, colour or stamping but thanks for sharing this beauty with us this week. Sarah (LIM DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so bright and vibrant! You've used a very clever approach to the challenge theme, basing it on the book and its cover - great idea! The card has a fantastic energy. We do like to see some empty space to keep entries clean and simple, but this really is fabulous - thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Esther. I'll remember that next time I create a CAS card. :)

      Delete
  4. I like your inspiration book! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete