Friday, 22 July 2016

Striped burlap CAS card

Hello my crafty friends. Today I'll be creating another CAS card. 


I'll be entering this in the following challenges :

For this challenge, I had to use stripes in my project. I used a striped burlap strip.

For this challenge, I had to repeat a certain element in my project. I used three punched out flower pieces on my project.

For this project I had to incorporate something rough in my project, I used burlap in my card. Also, I scored the base cardstock to make it grainy.

Materials Required 
A piece of white cardstock measuring 5 1/2 X 8 inches. Fold in half to make a top-folding card.
Small piece of vellum to punch out two flowers
A small piece of matte gold paper to punch out one flower
A strip of patterned burlap. I used one from the DCWV burlap stack
A sentiment stamp and some ink pad. I used the best friends stamp from We R Memory Keepers and a black ink pad from Faber Castell
Some pearl adhesive


Method
1. Score the white card stock at every 1/2 inch mark. This is to provide some texture on it.
2. Fold it at the 4 inch mark to make a top-folding card.
3. Cut a strip of patterned burlap and stick it at the bottom end of the card. Leave a little space for your sentiment.
4. Punch out the flowers from the vellum and matte gold papers. 
5. Add the pearls at the center of yours flowers and stick them on your card.
6. Stamp your sentiment.






Simple right? I hope you liked this. See you soon. Have a Sunny day :)

14 comments:

  1. Fantastically CAS - the use of white space has set off the elements perfectly. Love the use of repetition in the flowers and stripes. Super LIM entry, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Esther. Your comments are always so kind and encouraging :)

      Delete
  2. The striped burlap and scored lines make for a perfect CAS card :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super simple design, the limited colour palette is SO effective!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for our challenge and a great tutorial too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you incorporated the score lines. So creative! thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love that burlap banner, such a great touch of texture yet still so CAS! Love the scored lines, too. So glad you joined in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Simple but so much great dimension and texture! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete