Sunday, 28 February 2016

Made From Scraps - DIY Slim Notebook

Hey guys!!! I plan to start a new series on this blog called 'Made From Scraps. Even though, I work with paper on most days, I try to stay as eco-friendly as possible. I use every bit of any paper I buy. And if something is still left over, I file them away for later use. 


Over the last couple of years, I have accumulated a lot of scrap paper from my projects. Now, I plan to use them in different ways that will add to your crafting or creative life. So, the first in this series is a very slim notebook. Usually, I take a lot of time to make notebooks. I measure the pages, carefully hand-stitch them and the hand-bind all the notebooks. Then, i work on the closures and embellishment. 

However, I thought since I am using up scraps, let's make this a fun and organic project. Also, an easy one. No stitching, no binding. :D

Materials Required
  • All scrap papers that you have. The notebook will also be made scrap paper, not just the cover.
  • One heavy cardstock. I used the cover of an old notebook.
  • Fevicol or any other adhesive.
  • Mod Podge
  • One Washi tape for the spine of the notebook
  • A stapler and an eraser


Method
1. I had a lot of white paper that were leftover from an old project. All of them measured 8 3/8 X 6 1/8 inches more or less. Assemble all papers into signatures of 3/4 and staple them on the spine.
2. Now take a old cover and measure it to fit slightly larger than the papers. Stick your scrap prices of papers on it. Create any pattern you like. And it's okay if it doesn't stick properly initially, it will all come together when you apply mod Podge.
3. Now put a piece of washi tape on its spine. 
4. Apply two coats of mod Podge. Allow each coat to dry before you add the next coat.
5. Stick the signature together with Fevicol (see pic)
6. After everything is dry. Stick the signatures to the cover








Done. I will be using this notebook for the quotes I like and also to practice my calligraphy. A fun way to use up scraps, don't you think? 
Thank you so much for stopping by. See you soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment