Sunday, 21 February 2016

A Large Bookmark DIY

Hey guys!!! Today I'll making a large bookmark for the heavier books that I have. I'll be entering this in the following challenges :


1. 613 Avenue Create Challenge # - http://avenue613.blogspot.in/2016/02/challenge-163-anything-goes-woptional.html

This challenge required me to create a shaker project.
 

For this challenge i had to include a text of some kind to my project.
 
Materials Required 
  • A card stock measuring 3 X 6 inches
  • Another card stock measuring 31/4 X 6 1/4 inches
  • An old novel paper, alphabet stickers and heart stickers 
  • Sticky foam tape, acetate measuring 3 X 6 inches and black quilling strips
  • Washi tape, black yarn and sequins

Method
1. Cover the card stock measuring 3 X 6 inches with old novel page.
2. Add a quote to the middle of the card stock. I added book love.
3. Make frame around the card stock using some foam tape, now fill it with some sequins. I used black, bronze, golden and silver sequins.
4. Now remove the backing from the foam tape and stick the piece of acetate.
5. Now cover the foam tape that can be seen through the acetate with quilling strip and was I tape.
6. Punch a hole through the other card stock measuring 3 1/4 X 6 1/4 inches and weave a tassel through it. 
7. Stick the shaker element to the larger card stock. Add some rhinestones and you are done.









I hope you liked this DIY and I hope you try it. See you soon :)

8 comments:

  1. Great tag! I love your creative thinking in approaching this project. Using the old book page was a nice choice! Also like your taste in literature. I just read Pride and Prejudice for the 50th time! Thanks for sharing this fabulous shaker tag with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chana. I loved creating this bookmark.

      Also, I can never get tired of reading Pride and Prejudice. I love the HBO mini series on the same too.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome tag. Very creative! So glad you joined us in our neighborhood Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get tired of checking out and buying bookmarks. Loved this one!

    ReplyDelete