Friday, 26 February 2016

DIY Notepad - Handmade gift idea

Helloo!!! Today I'll be making a notepad. This could make a super gift for anyone or you could just make one for yourself :). I'll be entering this in the following challenges :



I had to pick at least one row or column from the grid. I chose rows 1 and 2. (Flowers, Bling/Pearls, Die-Cuts and Ribbon/String, Silver, Bold Sentiment :Yahoo)


I had to choose a colour from each column. I chose white, purple and yellow.

Materials Required
  •  One silver card stock measuring 9 3/8 X 5 3/4 inches. This may vary if you choose to use a pre-made notepad. A black card paper measuring the same.  
  • Another silver card stock to make the front cover of the notepad.
  • Washi tapes. I used five - purple, coral, green, yellow polka dot and  silver glitter one. 
  • Die-cuts. I used three - two leaves and one 'just a note' sentiment.
  • One piece of pattern paper measuring 5 3/4 X 4 1/2 inches.
  • Some yarn. I used green and silver. I also used a envelope.
  • Adhesive pearls and rhinestone. Some Fevicol or any other adhesive.


Method
1. Score the silver card stock (9 3/8 X 5 3/4 inches) at 4 1/2 and 4 3/4 inches. Score the black card stock at the same measurements. Now stick the black card stock on the inside of the silver one.
2. Make a notepad or get a pre-made one and cover it with another silver card stock. Decorate it with washi tapes, die-cuts and yarn.
3. Now take your cover page and decorate it as you please. I used washi tapes pearls, rhinestones, sentiments, flower punches and decorative tissue.
4. Inside the cover, stick the notepad on one side and the pattern paper and envelope on the other side. The envelope is to hold receipts, tags, small pen, etc. 









Hope you liked this tutorial. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a sunny day :)

8 comments:

  1. Now isn't that just so cute! And you're right, a perfect gift idea. Great job!!! Shani, 613 Ave. Create, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love the design and your eclectic choice of papers! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea and its beautiful, would love to use one like that :) Should try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Note Pad !!
    Thank you for joining us @ Peek-a-boo Designs challenge!!

    ReplyDelete