Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Recipe Mini Album

Hey guys!!! Today I'll be making a recipe book mini album. This makes a perfect handmade gift along with a basket of ingredients. You can give this to someone who loves cooking or is starting to cook. I picked out six of my favourite recipes that are a little different. I am linking this to the Lulupu Challenge #55. http://www.lulupu.blogspot.in/2015/11/challenge-55-make-mini-tutorial.html
Hope they like this. :D 







Materials required
  • 12 card stocks measuring 3 X 4 each. Half of them them a little thicker than the others
  • 2 Card board pieces measuring 3.25 X 4.25
  • One card board piece measuring 1.5 X 4.25
  • A black chart paper for the outer cover. Some hand made paper to cover the the binding. 
  • A binder ring
  • Washi tapes, yarn, stickers stamps, wooden clips etc to decorate






Method
  1. Write out the recipes on the thinner card stocks. I used one side to write the ingredients and the other side for the method.
  2. Use the thicker card stocks for the title of the dish. Decorate this as you please. I used washi tapes, yarn, stamps, wooden clips and stickers.
  3. Now take the card board pieces and stick them to the black chart paper as shown in the pictures. I have used some scrap black paper that i had left over from another project.
  4. Take another piece of pattern paper measuring 8 X 4 inches to cover the inside of the binding. Now attach the handmade papers to the outside of the cover you just made. Smooth out any air bubbles with a bone folder or a similar object.
  5. Punch holes into the recipe card stocks. You could attach some eyelets on them to keep them secure. Weave all the pages through a binder ring
  6. Attach the book you made to the cover you made using a cardboard and glue. Decorate with some Pom Poms. 






Pretty right? You could make a gift basket and fill it with some of the ingredients. I plan to put in a bottle of honey, dried lavender, vanilla extract, dates and some ice tea powder with my recipe book and gift it to a friend. :)

Hope you liked this. Please comment. :D

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful project! Thanks so much for joining us at Lulupu - Make a Mini Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tanvi :)

    ReplyDelete