Monday, 2 November 2015

Harley Rock Riders Concert

Imagine this! A couple going to a metal concert with their record- shaped rings, metal beads, ripped jeans and curly hair. They enter the venue and..........it's a sea of people in black Megadeth t-shirts with a few sprinkles of Metallica, DR, Guns n Roses and even some Pink Floyd. The energy is palpable. And you see a glimpse of a super fun night. The Harley Rock Riders Season VI.







An exciting end to October 2015. I went to my first large-scale metal concert and it was worth the hype. Okay, let me start by saying that I am not a metal fan. I am folk rock person. Through and through. But my husband is what you would call a 'Metalhead' and I have grown accustomed to the genre in the last couple of years. (I don't think you have a choice when metal is blaring down the speakers in your home. And the car. And at parties.)
So, I thought i would draw a list of metal songs that will appeal to 'non-metal' ears. At least, they appeal to me. So here goes.

1. One - Metallica 
    This has very melodic beginning and is perhaps the easiest on the ears. 
2. Nagavalli - Down Troddence
    Okay, I admit. I like this song because it's crazy and psychotic. It is. But it is super awesome. I almost wept when I heard they couldn't play at the concert. :(
3. 46&2 -  Tool
    This is so good. But here is a little secret. The first time I heard this song was not the original but a rendition by a group of kids on YouTube. Check it out. It will blow your mind.
4. Chase in Chinatown - Byomkesh Bakshi movie soundtrack
  This brilliant movie's USP, apart from Sushant Singh's acting, is the hard rock music. Quiet a contrast to the pre-independence Calcutta backdrop. 
5. Right in Two - Tool
    OMG the lyrics of this song. Epic.
6. Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth
     I always liked this song but after the concert it was a whole new level of like. I started humming the chorus for hours. "Just like a pied piper....". Look, I am doing it again. FYI, Megadeth is truly awesome live.

No comments:

Post a Comment