Friday, 18 September 2015

Ganpati Bappa Morya - A Ganesh Chaturthi DIY

This is perhaps the most exciting time of the year in Mumbai. Exquisite Ganpati idols, of various sizes, are welcomed with rhythmic dhols, manjiras and conch shells. You can see kids running and singing "Ganpati bappa morya, mangala murti morya" in every lane. Lanes that are lit with every light imaginable. The aroma of roasted ghee, modaks and ladoos fill the air. The festivities seem endless. 

I believe that this season is especially stimulating for people like me. I feel the need to create, decorate and even cook a lot more during September-January. My parents bring in a Ganpati idol every year and I have always wanted to do something special for the idol. This year I finally put my thoughts into action and created a mini pandal for our idol. A DIY you can try as well.





This DIY is very similar to the XBOX game shelf that I had created. http://aimlesssunny.blogspot.in/2015/05/storage-box-diy.html . The difference is that instead of a plank on the top, I have placed the fourth plank of wood at the back. Also, instead of drilling nails to join the planks, I have used Araldite. Using masking tape and painting to create patterns is similar to this canvas painting. http://aimlesssunny.blogspot.in/2015/01/sticker-wall-art-diy.html



Here's to a happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead. GANPATI BAPPA MORYA.

No comments:

Post a Comment