Hey guys! 5 June was world environment day. And as usual a lot of us get really environment-conscious around this time every year. But it sort of fades some time after that and we slip back to our not so eco-friendly ways. "What is one plastic bag, what will one plastic bottle do, I really need that plastic basket for storage." Is what we say.
So, I thought that I would try to post a series of blog posts dedicated to upcycling, recycling and other environment friendly ways. Through this I wish to get more aware about my carbon footprint and try not to slip back. Also, if you like and try out these DIYs along the way then that's just awesome, isn't it?
I have started this series by making a storage box out of an old carton.
Materials Required
One old carton box
Some coir rope. Thickness and length depends on how big your carton is.
Glue gun and glue sticks
Some Burlap square. I used a Burlap pattern stack from DCWV.
Method
- Apply glue on the and base of the carton and stick a piece of cardboard the same size at the base.
- Now apply glue with a glue gun on the sides of the carton and start wrapping it with coir yarn.
- Make sure to do this quickly as hot glue dries really fasts. Also be CAREFUL with the glue gun not to burn your fingers.
- Finish wrapping the box with the coir yarn.
- Apply some glue on the top of the box and stick the Burlap paper on top.
- Cover all parts of carton that are exposed by pieces of coir yarn
That's it. You can use these to store your medicines, craft supplies or even put it in your kitchen to keep your spices in one place. Hope you liked this. See you soon. :)






That's handy, Love the idea.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Bel. :)
Delete