Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Shoe Box or Mixed Media Storage Box?

Hellloooo my crafty friends. Today I'll be making a mixed media box. I have used an old shoe box for this project. I have created this for Creative Moments Challenge #110. It would make us very happy if you enter our challenge.



I'll be entering this in the following challenges :

  1. Rhedd's Creative Spirit - http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.in/2017/01/januarys-challenge.html
  2. Papericious Challenge - http://papericiousindia.blogspot.in/2017/01/papericious-january-challenege-make-it.html For this challenge I had to make a 3D project.

3. Sweet Stampin Challenge - http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.in/2017/01/dies-and-punches.html

For this challenge I had to use dies and stamps in my project. I used die-cut alphabet, a hexagon die and some flower punches. I also used a butterfly stamp and gold embossed it.



Materials Required 

An old box. I used a shoe box

Black car paper to cover the box and some glue. I used a fabric glue.

Butterfly stamp or any stamp of your choice

Some flower punches

Gold embossing powder and Versamark 

Pattern papers. I used the ones generously given to us by Lisa Decosse Doodle Dynamite.



Die-cut alphabets and hexagon shape

Distress inks. I used festive berries and peacock feathers to shade the handmade punch out flowers.

Adhesive rhinestones and pearls. One brad.

Some ribbons and string


Method

Mixed Media projects are usually very organic and it's best to go with the flow and trust your instincts. I have posted some pictures below to show how I went about it. 









I hope you liked this. See you soon. Have a sunny day. 

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty makeover to a shoe box!Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck. Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect altered box! Thanks for playing with our Papericious challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool box. Love it. Thanks for taking part of the Papericious challenge

    ReplyDelete