Friday, 6 June 2014

It’s fun to Recycle – DIY Things To-Do diary

What do you do with a stack of old magazines and some coloured craft paper. Well many things. But I tend to lean towards DIY diaries. I love diaries and I love making lists. I own a lot of store diaries (Both bought and gifted) but I never feel like using them for making grocery lists. They look so pretty. And making lists on the phone? Uggh. So, I have a stack of magazines with pretty pictures and a bunch of craft paper. What to do, What to do. Idea. A DIY Things To-Do diary.


THINGS YOU WILL NEED
1. A stack of magazines with pretty pictures that you would like to see every day.  I lean towards home improvement magazines like Good Housekeeping and India Today’s HOME. But you may choose any magazine you fancy, be it fashion or wildlife or anything else.
2. A bunch of coloured craft paper. I choose bright green ones.
3. A piece of thin cardboard. This will be your outer cover, so choose the size according to the magazine cut-outs that you have.
4. Some stickers and colour post-its.
5. Glue or fevicol.



Cut all the pictures that you like from the old magazines. I chose some 20 odd pictures. You may choose more or less depending on how thick you want the diary to be. The pictures need not be of the same size but they cannot be too big or too small. Cut out the bunch of coloured craft paper in squares or rectangles. You will place these pieces of craft paper in between the magazine cut outs. One of piece of craft paper then one piece of the magazine cut out and so on. After you are happy with the thickness and the placement secure the diary with a paper clip. Drive a hole through the stack using a paper punch or a needle. Now add an eyelet to prevent the pages from tearing. Tie a ribbon around it to make it pretty. Take the cardboard piece and cut it in half. These two pieces must cover the diary pages that you have. Cover these cardboard pieces with more pretty magazine pages and some stickers or post-its. Glue the diary pages to this cardboard or just attach with a paper clip. This diary need not to be perfect. You should like it and feel like writing in it. That’s the point.



Hope you liked this. Have a sunny day and of course have a fun DIY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment