Friday, 3 April 2015

Fairy Light Wall Art DIY

Hello...I am back with some more wall/table art ideas. These are super super simple to make and are great gift ideas. I made these for a friend of mine and she loved it :).

Materials Needed :
  • A canvas (since you need to fix the fairy lights in these, it is better to buy a canvas that has a wooden frame around)
  • Some acrylic paints
  • Fairy lights
  • A big needle or something to pierce holes in the canvas
  • Masking tape
  • Some alphabet stickers. I got silver glitter ones.
Method :
  1. Take your canvas and put some masking tape on it in any design you want. I put some vertical lines on the corners of the canvas.
  2. Paint the canvas in any colour(s) you want. I choose orange as it was one of my friend's favourite colours. 
  3. While the paint is wet carefully remove the masking tape.
  4. Colour in the blank space left by the masking tape. 
  5. Once the paint is dry. Put any quote that you like on the canvas using the alphabet stickers. 
  6. Take your needle and pierce holes in the canvas big enough to fix your fairy lights. Be careful not to pierce too big a hole or the bulb may fall off the canvas.
  7. Secure the remaining fairy lights behind the canvas with some masking tape.
And your artwork is done. Easy right?  

A variation for this would be to stick your quotes on the canvas first and paint over them. After removing the stickers you could pierce the holes for the fairy lights in the alphabets.

4 comments:

  1. I say you make one of each for me *tries to look cute*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Su I love both obviously. Have the wildflower one with me in Chennai. Gotta change the lights

    ReplyDelete