In India, washi tapes maybe a little heavy on your pocket if you use them a lot. So i have been looking for alternatives for quiet sometime now. I chanced upon a few DIY washi tapes tutorials on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU_QheVihn4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Co94Tq3uw
I figured that my favourite washi tapes were the ones with just text or a small hand-drawn figure (hearts, diamonds, blocks, checks, etc.) with gel marker pens on white/off-white masking tape. They worked the best. No stains, no bleeding of colour.
Painting the tapes did not work for me. Maybe because my masking tapes were average quality they lost their adhesive nature when i painted them. I will try them with good quality masking tapes and let you know :). For now get some gel markers and any masking tape and you are set.
I figured that my favourite washi tapes were the ones with just text or a small hand-drawn figure (hearts, diamonds, blocks, checks, etc.) with gel marker pens on white/off-white masking tape. They worked the best. No stains, no bleeding of colour.
Painting the tapes did not work for me. Maybe because my masking tapes were average quality they lost their adhesive nature when i painted them. I will try them with good quality masking tapes and let you know :). For now get some gel markers and any masking tape and you are set.
No comments:
Post a Comment