Saturday, 2 August 2014

Wrap It Up

I love gifts. Receiving, giving and most of all - wrapping. Wrapping papers of various colours, patterns, materials with satin ribbons, gift boxes and bags of all kinds, crepe papers and tissue papers. Okay, I know I am beginning to sound like a gift addict (i maybe one ;)). So here’s one of my DIY wrapping papers made for my cousin. The under-five minute kind. I reused the paper that our laundry guy wraps our clothes in to make these.


You will need some tracing paper or butter paper or any recycled or reused paper, sketch pens, some satin ribbons to match your sketch pens (or you could go contrast too), tape, some thick paper for your card (I used a price tag from my Caprese handbag to make the tag) and some stamps (i got a couple of stamps from the Fevicryl Hobby Ideas store nearby). Store-bought or homemade.

 
Take your tracing or butter paper and draw whatever shape that pleases you using your bright colour sketch pen. I would recommend a thick wax sketch pen as it gives a very nice embossed effect after it dries.


Wrap your gift with this newly made wrapping paper and secure it with tape. Tie a nice satin ribbon around it and place a card on the gift. Put some pretty stickers on the gift tag. The gift is ready to be… well…gifted. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment