Monday, 5 January 2015

Sticker Wall Art - DIY

Hello! It is 2015. HAPPY NEW YEAR. I know I am a little late on the new year wishes, but these last couple of days have been super busy. Anyway, a new year definitely calls for some new wall art. And what is better than DIY? So here is a tutorial or a super simple canvas wall art.


 Supplies Needed
  •  Two canvas boards (any size, I chose the small ones)
  •  A couple of acrylic paint (any colour you fancy. I chose red and gold for one and red and black for the other.)
  •  Masking tape
  •  And of course some alphabet stickers. (Remember my sticker collection?)

Method
  1. Use masking tape to create stripes on your canvas board. I made diagonal stripes. 
  2. Paint the canvas with red colour. (Or any other colour that you want)
  3. Remove the masking tape carefully before the paint dries. This will ensure that the paint does not peel when you remove the masking tape. 
  4. Colour the empty spaces with acrylic gold paint.
  5. Let it dry. Now use the alphabet stickers to add any quote you like.



 Crazy craft lady describes me best ;)
 And this other one, my husband loves metal and gaming. So this sort of combines the two.
  Try this for your room too. Easy peasy, right?

9 comments:

  1. I just came across this http://homesthetics.net/28-diy-thread-nails-string-art-projects-will-beautifully-reshape-interior-decor/
    And the first thing that came to my mind... Crazy Craft Lady :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! nice find. I will surely try some of these. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Nice creativity...crazy craft lady ;)

    ReplyDelete